Accidental fire site ready for pick up | News
MOUNT VERNON, IN (WFIE)- There's new information about Wednesday's Co-op fire in Posey County.
The Co-op's owner says they're starting the clean up process and developing a business plan to make sure they can serve customers this spring.
When firefighters arrived, they initially had a problem getting enough water pressure and had to move to a second hydrant.
The superintendent of the city's water department says old water mains in that area are to blame and the repairs could millions of dollars, but there are plans to repair them in the future.
The fire was ruled accidental and the Co-op says it caused about $1-million in damages.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois