Woman accused of driving drunk with teen inside | News
POSEY CO., IN (WFIE)- A Posey County woman was arrested a little before midnight Friday night, accused of driving drunk with a 15-year-old inside.
ISP says a trooper stopped the driver, Erika Thomas, 43, of Mt. Vernon, for making an unsafe lane change and speeding on SR 62 near Davis Road.
Troopers say the passenger was her 15-year-old daughter.
State Police say investigation revealed she had a blood alcohol content of .21%.
Thomas was arrested and taken to the Posey County Jail where she is currently being held on bond.
She is charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop