ISP: Traffic stop nets bags of marijuana; California woman arrested | News
A 43-year-old Long Beach, CA woman was arrested last week after an Indiana State trooper stopped the pickup truck she was riding in for speeding on I-64 in Posey County and discovered three large bags of marijuana.
The trooper said he became suspicious while talking with the driver and passenger and deployed his dog, Rydr to search the vehicle.
The dog alerted the trooper to an odor of narcotics in the bed of the truck and three vacuum sealed plastic bags containing over 200 grams of marijuana were found.
Troopers have charged the passenger, 43-year-old Connie Ward of Long Beach, CA with possession of marijuana, over 30 grams.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois