Traffic stop results in troopers finding 230 Oxycodone pills, meth in vehicle | News
POSEY CO., IN (WFIE)- Indiana State Police say an early morning traffic stop resulted in an Evansville man's arrest on drug charges.
Early Sunday morning around 1:20 a.m., troopers stopped 38-year-old James O'Toole for making an unsafe lane change on S.R. 62 near
State Street in Mt. Vernon.
Troopers say that while talking to O'Toole, they noticed a plastic bag
containing pills in his front coat pocket. After O'Toole was ordered to exit
the vehicle, state police say the observed a hypodermic needle lying on the driver's
seat and found a spoon in his left pants
pocket with a white unknown substance on it.
Troopers searched O'Toole's vehicle and found a
large unmarked prescription bottle under the driver's seat that contained more
Between the pills found in the plastic bag and the bottle, troopers had
230 pills that were later identified as Oxycodone.
After further investigation, it was found the hypodermic needle and spoon contained meth.
O'Toole was arrested
and taken to the Posey County Jail where he's currently being held on bond.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Illinois House approves gun plan opposed by governor
- State treasurer asks Illinois residents for help finding owners of forgotten military medals
- Wabash County unemployment down significantly from '12; mixed results elsewhere
- Lt. Gov. encourages new 6th-12th grade math courses
- Rainbows in southern Illinois