Sobriety checkpoint planned in Posey County | News
Sometime during this upcoming weekend, Indiana State Police will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint in Posey County. The exact location, date and time will not be released. Motorists that are not impaired can expect only short delays of 2-3 minutes while passing through the checkpoint.
Troopers encourage all motorists to call 911 or the closest Indiana State Police Post when they observe another motorist that may be impaired. Be prepared to give a description of the vehicle, location and direction of travel.
The Indiana State Police are committed to traffic safety and will continue to conduct saturation patrols and sobriety checkpoints to apprehend impaired drivers and to deter others from drinking and driving.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Gibson Co. officials approve economic development along I-69
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status