Mt. Vernon wrestling with animal ordinance | News
Mt. Vernon continues to discuss a proposed animal control license. The proposal would have limited the number of pets per household to four but residents spoke up at last week’s city council meeting, voicing their concerns.
Some say the ordinance would adversely impact those who provide ‘foster homes’ for rescued animals and others who have more pets but have no trouble taking care of them.
While it's not likely any limits will be placed in light of committee discussion, current city rules and regulations regarding animals are being examined.
Read the full story here.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State