Posey Co. man injured in ATV accident | News
Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating an ATV accident with injuries which occurred Saturday afternoon on Bald Knob Road, west of Mt. Vernon.
According to the investigators, Lloyd Hobson, 58, from Mt. Vernon, was participating in a National Wild Turkey Federation poker run fundraiser which involved other ATV riders traveling from check point to check point. According to witnesses, as the riders were traveling to the next check point around 2 p.m., Hobson began veering towards a culvert. In an attempt to steer away from the culvert, Hobson over-corrected causing the ATV to roll over on top of him. He suffered injuries to his chest.
Posey County EMS, Black Township Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Point Township Volunteer Fire Department, Posey County Deputies, and Indiana Conservation Officers responded to the scene.
Hobson was taken to Deaconess Hospital by Air-Evac. He remained in critical condition Monday morning.
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the incident.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop