Seminar to keep producers current on crop management | Events
Crop producers from around southwest Indiana are invited to attend a free Purdue Extension crop workshop March 6 in Bretzville covering field crop management and herbicide-resistant plants.
The Southwest Indiana Crop Seminar will run from 12:25 to 4:45 p.m. at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds, 4157 S. state Route 162, about six miles south of Jasper.
"We want to give local crop producers an opportunity to meet with industry professionals and academic specialists to discuss topics that might affect this year's crop," said Kenneth Eck, Dubois County Extension educator.
Topics and their presenters are:
* "2013 Ag Outlook," Chris Hurt, Extension agricultural economist.
* "Herbicide Resistance," Valerie Clingerman, educator, Purdue Extension - Knox County.
* "Climate Trends in Indiana," Hans Schmitz, educator, Purdue Extension - Gibson County.
* "Tile Drainage and Cover Crops for Soil and Water Quality," Eileen Kladivko, Extension agronomist.
* "Fertilizer and Manure Regulatory Update," Tom Smith, inspector at the Office of Indiana State Chemist.
* "New Mini-Bulk Rules," Eck.
There is no advance registration. Registration begins at noon on site. A light snack will be provided.
Attendees wishing to receive Pesticide Applicator Recertification Program credit need to bring their PARP card and $10. Continuing Certification Hours and Continuing Education Unit credits will also be available.
For more information, contact the Purdue Extension - Dubois County at 812-482-1782.
Top Posey County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family